Thursday, March 09, 2006

Atlantis: Insights From A Lost Civilization

by Shirley Andrews
Llewellyn Publishing
ISBN: 156718023X
atlantis/parapsychology/ufos
$12.95 US
* * *
(3 Stars)

When I first saw this book, I was so excited because I have never read any books on Atlantis.. I found the book really interesting but there are quite a few chapters that bore me to tears. I read this book while my husband was on vacation in Russia and quite honestly, its a book I will probably never read again (or wouldn't have under different circumstances). Andrews gives excellent references as far back as Plato, she has drawn maps, time lines, and even given you the point where she believes Atlantis once stood. She gives examples of music, dress, government, and life style that the people of Atlantis (through 3 periods of destruction).. Also giving information about those whom fled Atlantis.. it was an interesting read but since no one can prove or disprove Atlantis actually existed, there are little facts that this book can hold. She gives great visualizations and you can almost picture yourself there.. if your looking for something scientific to prove or disprove Atlantis actually existed, this book isn't for you, but if your looking for some interesting reading with little facts but good reading experiences.. this book can easily be worth your time. I'd recommend checking it out at the library or your local bookstore before purchasing. I found the reviews of this book to be quite high and I was a little disappointed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Just so you all know.....none of my reviews shall be intelligent as Nina's.

But they shall be a step above "Great use of words". Maybe two steps.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

OOOh two steps.

Wow.

Jen's going all out

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Talking to Kris, I realized I didn't really say a lot about the book... so here goes..

Truth is that book doesnt have a lot of READ ME material in it. It's kind of like reading the dictionary.... lots of information but nothing you'd break your neck to finish.. Rated just about average.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home